CE Accreditation Guidelines for Satellite Symposia
These guidelines must be followed by applicants seeking accreditation through ASCP.
Detailed information on material deadlines and accreditation co-sponsorship will be included with Satellite Symposia confirmation materials.
The American Society of Consultant Pharmacists (ASCP) is an accredited provider of continuing pharmacy education by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE). ASCP reserves the right to accept or deny co-sponsorship of specific activities on an individual basis.
- ASCP will evaluate requests for co-sponsorship using "ACPE Accreditation Standards for Continuing Pharmacy Education.”
- Upon confirmation of your activity slot, ASCP will assign the activity a specific ACPE activity number and contact hours, provide deadlines for announcement materials, activity handouts, copies of slide materials, and participant self-assessment learning questions.
- This statement must appear along with an ACPE logo (we will forward an electronic version of this for your use) on all activity announcement pieces: "The American Society of Consultant Pharmacists (ASCP) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) as a provider of continuing pharmacy education." and followed by the assigned ACPE number and amount of continuing pharmacy education credits as determined by ASCP. The ACPE number, ACPE logo and/or the amount of continuing pharmacy education credits must not appear on any activity announcement pieces prior to receiving approval for co-sponsorship from ASCP.
- Two weeks after the activity, the following information must be submitted to the ASCP Educational Affairs Department:**
- List of activity attendees
- Three copies of the final activity announcement
- Three copies of handouts and instructional materials
- Finalized activity budget
- ASCP will provide a statement of credit indicating satisfactory completion of the continuing pharmacy education activity to all participants. ASCP can provide CPE credit only for those activities it co-sponsors. Participants must attend the activity in its entirety and evaluate the activity online to receive CPE credit. ASCP will provide instructions for participants to receive CPE credit online to the activity coordinator 3 weeks before the meeting.
** Activity information required by ASCP for accreditation must be received by the dates indicated on the co-sponsorship agreement each satellite symposia applicant receives upon receipt of activity acceptance. If materials are not received by the deadlines indicated, a $50 per day punitive measure will be assessed per item.