Companies interested in holding an inside symposium must complete the online Inside Symposia Application. Applications for submission are open now.
All submissions must include the following items:
- Completed application form
- Authorization letter from underwriter on underwriter's letterhead authorizing the company to serve as their agent (faxed to 703-739-1500)
- Speaker’s resume or CV (emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- $1,000 deposit
- Proposed budget
Proposals must also adhere to the following criteria:
- Needs Assessment:
ASCP requires that a needs assessment be conducted and submitted with the application materials. In this analysis, the gap in quality patient care and/or pharmacist knowledge should be identified. A plan for assessing the outcomes of the education at the learning and/or performance/behavior level must also be included.
- Presentation Balance:
Proposals must clearly and concisely identify the CPE activity's background, intent, objectives, findings and conclusions. CPE activities should strive to provide attendees with fair balance in information presented so that members can form professional opinions and become valuable informational resources. CPE activities appearing commercial or biased in nature will not be considered for presentation.
All proposed speakers must be qualified to present information on the topic identified for presentation. Speaker's resume or CV should be emailed the same day the application is submitted.
- Continuing Pharmacy Education:
ASCP is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) as a provider of continuing pharmacy education and will serve as the provider of continuing pharmacy education for these educational offerings. As such, ASCP plans all activities to meet ACPE Accreditation Standards for Continuing Pharmacy Education and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration's guidelines for scientific and educational activities supported by underwriters.
Approval and Confirmation
Proposals meeting the previously identified requirements will be reviewed and selected based on topic and overall quality. Symposia slot assignments will be made by ASCP, but co-sponsors may request their preference in slots. Slots will be confirmed within 4 weeks after receipt of application.
Symposia fee: $15,000
- Meeting room (rooms will be released to the sponsoring company upon receipt of payment of the balance of the symposia fee)
- Accreditation (includes provision of an activity number, review of all activity materials, awarding of statements to participants and summary of activity evaluations and comments).
- Standard set-up for audiovisual equipments (additional AV requirements must be submitted to ASCP for approval and expenses are the responsibility of the co-sponsor):
Complimentary registration for the speakers to the entire meeting.
Onsite support to this CPE activity (including staff support, when possible) to ensure that it meets the ACPE Accreditation Standards for Continuing Pharmacy Education.
Posting of handouts for the CPE activity on ASCP's Web site prior to the meeting.
- 1 wireless lavaliere microphone
- 1 table microphone (for panels only)
- 1 podium with microphone
- 1 LCD projector
- 1 aisle microphone
Have questions? Call Jessilyn Dechevalier at 703-739-1316 x-148 or email at email@example.com.
Complete the Application
Complete the Online Application for Inside Symposia.