CONTINUING in 2020! In our call for proposals, we’re looking beyond the annual meeting for your ideas on speakers, topics and content. If you have ideas for webinars, shorter talks at our meetings, and/or workshops, regionals, or even bootcamps, our call is designed for ALL of your creative ideas to help better serve our members and ultimately, our older adult patients! Our call for proposals is now open and available through December 31, 2019 at 11:59 PM ET. Click here to submit your 2020 proposals.
Senior care pharmacy practice is population specific rather than site specific, so we encourage submissions that address caring for older adults in any practice setting, including skilled nursing facility, hospital, assisted living, ambulatory care center, surgicenters, home care, etc. Attendees are particularly interested in sessions that provide innovative ways to approach challenges experienced by senior care pharmacists.
The submission form must be filled out in its entirety. Partial or incomplete submissions will not be considered. Presenters will receive notification of decision regarding submission via email on or before April 27, 2020. A one-day, member priced complimentary registration will be granted to the lead presenter. Full meeting registration must be purchased separately.
All submissions are subject to modifications to comply with Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) and Board of Pharmacy Specialties (BPS) standards for board certified geriatric pharmacy re-certification credit.
2020 Hot Topics
Through analysis of the Needs Assessment, ASCP has identified the following topics as highly sought from membership. Please note that submissions are not limited to this list and we highly encourage you to submit any topic you feel appropriate in educating the senior care pharmacist. Broad areas in which we seek expertise include the following (with some specific needs identified for the 2020 calendar year from our CPE needs assessment below):
- Business – medical writing, billing for private practice, formulary management, digital health and technology for seniors, concierge pharmacy, entrepreneurship in senior care pharmacy
- Pharmacy Operations/Practice – MTM, deprescribing, medication error reductions, collaborative practice
- Career Development – in senior care pharmacy, along with leadership skills
- Legislative and Regulatory – antimicrobial stewardship, CMS psychotropic medication compliance, DEA compliance, USP updates, Skilled Nursing Facility Process, STAR ratings, Pharmacy Audits
- Social Determinants of Health – PKPD, Hospice/End of Life, better communicate med info to seniors, their caregivers,
- Therapeutics –
- CV: Heart Failure, hypotension, PVD, Hyperlipidemia
- Endocrine/Exocrine: Diabetes, thyroid, SIADH, HRT, disorders of the adrenal gland
- GI: GERD, Pancreatic conditions, hepatitis, cirrhosis, diarrhea & constipation, IBS, IBD
- Geriatric Syndromes: Falls, failure to thrive, dizziness, dysphagia, syncope, vision & hearing loss
- GU and Renal: Urinary incontinence, CKD, Kidney injury, BPH, Sexual Dysfunction
- Infectious Diseases: Antimicrobial resistance/bugs and drugs, pneumonia, fungal infections, UTIs, vaccines
- Musculoskeletal: Rheumatologic diseases, osteoarthritis, osteoporosis
- Neurological: Dementias, movement disorder, acute and chronic pain, cerebrovascular disease, delirium, seizures, neuropathies
- Psychiatric: behavioral symptoms of dementia, anxiety, depression, Parkinson’s Disease, sleep, bipolar, PTSD
- Respiratory: COPD, Asthma, Sleep apnea, allergic rhinitis
- Other: fluid and electrolyte disorders, lab interpretation, cancer, weight loss, dehydration, glaucoma, macular degeneration, pharmacogenomics, medical marijuana and CBD
- Public health – Transitions of care, medication reconciliation, clinical practice guidelines, quality measure, and interpreting biostatistics
- Technology – Digital health solutions to allow seniors to age in place with better quality of life, software and technology to help improve patient care for seniors
- Florida Consultant Pharmacist Credits – Please note that we will hold our annual meeting for 2020 in Florida – therefore, we will also seek more consultant pharmacist facility topics and administrative responsibilities for long term care consultant pharmacist credit in the state of Florida.
- State of Florida – The state of Florida mandates that pharmacists and pharmacy technicians have the following topics approved by the board of pharmacy and included in their CE; therefore, our members have interest in these topics through the call this year: HIV/AIDS, prevention of medication errors, human trafficking, and validation of controlled substance prescriptions.
Any questions should be directed to email@example.com.
The Form for submissions will close on 12/31/19 at 11:59 PM Eastern (US) time. Thanks in advance for your submissions!