Many members of the American Society of Consultant Pharmacists (ASCP) are recognized leaders in the education of patients, caregivers, health care professionals, students, and other audiences. Accordingly, ASCP has developed the Leadership in Education Award to recognize the unique and innovative educational endeavors of ASCP members.
The Leadership in Education Award is administered by ASCP.
The purpose of the Leadership in Education Award is to recognize specific accomplishments and achievements by an ASCP member in the area of education.
The recipient of the Leadership in Education Award will be honored at ASCP’s Spring Conference + Exhibition, will receive a specially designed medallion, and will be recognized on a perpetual plaque displayed at ASCP headquarters. The award includes reasonable travel, hotel, and registration costs associated with attending the Spring Conference.
Qualifications of the Award Nominee
- The nominee will be an Active Member in good standing of the American Society of Consultant Pharmacists.
- The nominee will be active in consultant or senior care pharmacy practice.
- The educational endeavor for which the nominee will be considered will be in a nonacademic setting.
- The educational endeavor for which the nominee will be considered may be a collaborative effort, but must not be directly supported or funded by the pharmaceutical or related industries.
- Award nominees will obtain nomination forms and instructions from ASCP.
- The nominee must submit six copies (original plus five) of the completed nomination form and the Exhibits listed in C. below.
- Deadline for receipt of completed nomination materials is March 15.
- The following items are to be appended to the application form, each clearly labeled in the upper right-hand corner, as indicated (Exhibit A, Exhibit B, Exhibit C):
Exhibit A. A brief statement of not more than one double-spaced, typed page, describing the nature of the nominee’s practice.
Exhibit B. A brief statement of not more than three double-spaced, typed pages, describing the educational endeavor for which the individual is nominated. Include, where applicable and appropriate, the following information:
- Title of program
- Nature of endeavor (clerkship, inservice, health profession training, written materials, patient education, newspaper column, radio show, etc.)
- Program goals and objectives
- How the need for program was determined/identified
- The primary audience
- When the program was developed
- How the program was developed
- Collaborators on the program (if any)
- How the program was funded
- When, where, and how the program was presented
- Program frequency (one time, ongoing, series, curricular)
- Any documentation of outcomes or results
- Personal or professional rewards from the endeavor
Exhibit C. Any ancillary, supporting, or substantiating documents if available, including promotional materials, program evaluations, handouts, letters of commendation or recommendation, etc. If the endeavor is a written, audio, or video educational program, submit copies.
Each award is competitive. Selection will be made by a selection panel appointed by ASCP. Decisions of the selection panel will be final and without appeal.
- The selection panel will evaluate the educational endeavor based on criteria described below, determined from information submitted to ASCP by the award nominee.
- ASCP will notify all award nominees of the outcome of their nominations.
- The following criteria will be considered:
- Goals and objectives of program
- Unique nature of endeavor
- Use of innovative techniques or ideas
- Development of program
- Potential for expanded application
- Value to the audience
- Value to consultant or senior care pharmacy
- Documentation/measurement of outcome of endeavor
- Recognition received for the endeavor
If you have any questions, please contact:
1321 Duke Street
Alexandria, VA 22314
Phone: 703-739-1300, x-116